In November, scientists determined that Earth is 2000 light years closer to a supermassive black hole in our own galaxy than previously thought.
Now available as of February, 2021: a new book, "We Are Stardust" -- the first in our Cosmic Poetry series - about the universe in verse.
Readers will be entertained with poems about Earth "moving" towards our galaxy's black hole, the tale of Galaxy CQ 4479, neutrinos, the theory of the wraparound universe, how to use “poetic license,” and much more information about the cosmos in our new book: “We Are Stardust: the universe in verse.” Jean-Pierre Luminet, active French research astrophysicist, will assist in our project; see below.
"We Are Stardust" offers readers of all ages:
- Fun and informative poetry
- Cosmological information, including recent discoveries
- NASA images and photos and other illustrations
- Three pages of internet and print resources on writing and the cosmos
- Encouragement to write their own poems about the universe for possible inclusion in a second edition of the book. See page 49 of the book. Also, see our "Contests" page on this website.
– Assessment (judging) of readers’ poems will be by consensus of the board/ French astrophysicist, author, artist, and poet Jean-Pierre Luminet/ and the President of the Poets Club of Chicago, Wayne Allen Jones.
POSTCARDS for Sale: $10 for 10, or 20 for $18. Choose one or more from the 4 images below and mail your check to Peterborough Poetry Project at PO Box 247, Peterborough NH 03458.
Books: See our "Books" page for all of our books. Also, jn December: two new books published by Monadnock Underground of Peterborough, NH.
Reader Rewards - Congratulations to Carol Amato of Jamaica Plain, MA, our first winner of our newest book, "Day After Day in Quarantine." The next round begins now: give us your feedback on any of our books (see "Books" page) by March 13, 2021.
Reader Rewards details:
Help us keep poetry alive and vibrant - let us know which poem you liked best in any or all of our books. To be eligible to win a free copy of our next chapbook anthology, mail a postcard or letter (to PPP-RCR/PO Box 247/Peterborough NH 03458) that includes:
- Poem title of your favorite poem (choosing a poem in each book counts as separate entries),
- Your name, U.S. mailing address, and email address.
We will enter your name in a drawing for a free book.
*Buy copies of our published books. See toadbooks.com or our “Books” page to order.
_ _ _ _ _ _
See below for the "COVID Spring" announcement:
“COVID Spring,” a poetry anthology in a beautifully designed book by Hobblebush Press and edited by NH Poet Laureate, Alexandria Peary, is now available directly from the publisher (hobblebush.com) and at the Toadstool Bookshops. Six of the 54 poets with poems in the anthology also have poems in our own anthology, “On and Off the Road: Poems of New Hampshire,” still available in limited quantities (see our “Books” page for how to order.)
_ _ _
- - Check out our Peterborough Poetry Project-sponsored MAIL ACROSS AMERICA campaign to enhance personal communication by mail and help bolster the U.S. Postal Service. More info at mailacrossamerica.com . Mail poems on postcards to family and friends and more.
~ Friends and fellow poets have been sending us dozens of poems by mail since April of 2020! What a great way to share your poems while supporting the Postal Service. Let's all join in.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
- - Folk Music is like poetry in motion. The Peterborough Folk Music Society is alive and well and sponsoring virtual music concerts. Visit pfmsconcerts.org for info on their sponsorship of 2021 performances.
- - Check it out: see poetry contests and relocation news at the Rural Oklahoma Museum of Poetry.